Monday, May 28, 2007

A Light at the End of the Tunnel?

Well, we're here. I am now officially living in a mobile home park and the world hasn't ended. I am surrounded by mountains of boxes and possessions that need to be put away. This place is shabbier than it looked because of all of the previous owner's belongings. The carpet is not as new as it appeared, the floors in the bathrooms and kitchen will definitely need to be replaced sooner and not later, and the kicker is: no funds to do so.

In spite of my whining about inconsequential things like flooring, I have a home - a place to lay my head at night. I just caught a look at my dog, Katie, who's laying at my feet, sound asleep. She has her head laying on one of her "babies," (stuffed animal toy) using it as a pillow. When I think about it, the two dogs are more fortunate than people living in Darfur and other areas of this world. They have a home, too.

All things in proper perspective and in due time.

6 comments:

Constance said...

Good Saturday morning Gracie --
a mobile home that is hopefully warm and dry in the winter, and cool and bug free in the summer, a husband that loves you, and two beloved dogs whose world revolves around you, your health, your friends...
Proper perspective brings little comfort sometimes, and sometimes time eventually, gradually just makes things more palatable than they are originally...
I wish for you a winning lottery ticket, Gracie --
In the meantime, *hugs*

Constance said...

Just stopping by to see how you are doing today, Gracie. It's Sunday the 3rd --

Unknown said...

Gracie: stumbled on your blog by accident- well articulated - you tell some of my story too. That helps me. I'm appreciative, S.

Constance said...

Hi Gracie. It is Wednesday the 13th - just checking in on you to see how you are -
hugs !

Gledwood said...

That's definitely the right attitude. Do you know what we cannot change so many things that happen to us in life but we can alter our attitude to them and that alters the experience we have of them ... well this is my own philosophy!
I live in a hostel for people one stage up basically from the street. By "hostel" I don't mean a busy hotel-like place with hobos coming and going, it's more like a house with individual rooms and everyone lives in their room ... I tell you despite all the drawbacks it is so much home to me

Gretchen said...

Was just surfing around blogs and found yours.

It doesn't matter where you live as long as there is love there. Your dogs will give you that and never demand a thing.