Tuesday, April 3, 2007

An Offer We Can Refuse...

I'm in a funk today. I was in a funk yesterday. Now I'm really in a FUNK! Our realtor called with our first offer on the house. It's $20k below asking price and they want us to pay $10k closing costs. WTF??? That's my mood for the day so it was an appropriate offer. I managed to bring my bottom jaw back up to the level of my upper jaw and looked at hubman. He was still trying to do the same. The market has fallen so quickly that the amount left over would barely let us find a place to live, let alone buy mountain property.

We're demoralized, weary, frustrated and just bummed. We told them to stick it, more or less. We stayed firm with the price but offered to pay closing costs. See what happens...

Every one seems to be in a funk. People on the blogs seem to be on the edge, maybe it's just me. I've had to turn off the news - I can't handle certain events that are going on right now. The world that I know and love is spinning upside down in political correctness and foolishness. I feel as if common sense is an outdated commodity and the need to hate the president is so severe and overwhelming that the extreme liberal wing will do anything possible to pull the plug on any agenda that may help win this war.

I feel that if Bush said the world is round they'd swear it's flat. They're accusing the right of being full of hate but their hatred of Bush and everything the man stands for is over the top. They accuse Fox News of being slanted but they get their news from the Daily Kos and others like it. I check out other news sites because I want to hear it from both sides. I don't want CBS telling me "They Care," because it's a boatload of bullshit. They care about my dollar and nothing else.

Glenn Beck makes a great point. Follow the money trail. Who's going to get rich off of all these stupid carbon footprints? Where are the oil profits going? Both sides only care about getting re-elected and lining their coffers. I do not trust the majority of politicians any longer. Follow the money trail.

I believe in absolute truth, and my truth is not going to be my neighbor's truth. That's why wars are fought. This depresses me to the marrow of my bones because this world will never see peace. I will put my little peace globe on my site but I do not believe peace will ever be achieved. Man is inherently evil - not good. If it were the reverse, the Holocaust would never have happened! The good in man would have overcome the wicked. It never happens that way, though, does it...the bad draw the good down with them.

I can feel the negativity crackle in me just as though I had touched an electrical outlet. I need to go away from this and find my own peace some where. I can find myself drifting farther and farther from any kind of harmony today. Funk. That's what it is - a deeper funk. I want to be a mermaid and swim far below the ocean surface, far away from humans. Just for awhile...until peace prevails.

1 comment:

Constance said...

Ah Gracie, sometimes you say exactly what I think. When I am in despair. you echo the words in my soul....